Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arma 3 Feedback

+3
TheWonderCraft
Papahyooie
Troy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arma 3 Feedback - Page 2 Empty Re: Arma 3 Feedback

Post by Papahyooie Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Yes, I believe there is. I'll add it to the (at this point, very long, lol) to do list.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DoofyDave Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:58 am

papa are ai not spawning after missions? if so THANK YOU lol. but ive been loving the new roaming ai in cars and trucks.
DoofyDave
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:37 am

The change to the demons works perfectly. Their run speed makes them hard to hit still, and their damage still makes them a threat, but at least now 1-2 players can kill one without one of them dying.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:46 am

I do have a few more suggestions/concerns, feedback on which would be appreciated. Firstly, does that seem to anyone else that the number of cars spawning on map seem less than usual? And same with roaming AI. Lately it seems like the only AI that I've encountered have been spawned AI in towns, not roaming AI. If possible could we increase the amount of roaming AI outside of cities? This may be something that the new hardware could help with. Secondly, could we increase the amount of roaming AI vehicles? It seems like once they're killed, they don't respawn until reset. If they had like an hour respawn time, that would be awesome. Sams with Zombies. I love clearing military bases for loot, but if someone clears that base right after reset, then it seems like there's no more zombies until next reset. Again both of these things depend on the hardware.

So just to recap: More roaming AI on map (non-vehicle units), More/Faster respawn rate on AI patrol vehicles, More/Faster respawn on zombies!

Sorry if any of this stuff has been mentioned before, if so just ignore me!
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:54 am

Dave, the AI have never explicitly spawned AFTER a mission. They have a chance to call in reinforcements, but that shouuld be happening during the mission after they get below a certain number of units left.

Exile, I'm SOOOO glad to hear that the demon changes took effect. I had to code my own solution to it, so I'm super happy that it finally worked. Maybe I can tweak them further now that I've figured out the magic word.

As for cars, AI, and zombies stopping spawning, unfortunately, that is simply because of server load. This poor server is having trouble handling as much as I'm throwing at it. It's doing an admirable job, keeping frames high. But scripts seem to hang a LOT. This should be fixed without any editing once we get the new hardware up and running. Plus I will be implementing a much better AI system anyway.

Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:04 am

Okay cool, I figured it was just the server hardware. Excited for the new machine!
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:28 am

Let's make list longer Papa:) Was on last night & someone (Exile I think) mentioned it would be cool to have custom billboards on server. I'm not sure what all goes into that but I have seen them on some YouTube videos. Would be nice to have billboard in trader zone (by hotdog vendor maybe) that had server rules shown. That way even newbies to the server that haven't been to forums could know what is considered acceptable.

Also be cool to have Billboard in front of terminal or even throughout map with BattleBorne Logo Smile
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 am

Is there anyway to change the server rules that are displayed on our phones?
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:06 pm

I have seen the billboards above the two most used entrances of the terminal building. One above the entrance where the heli vendor is, and one above the entrance that leads to the food vendor.

I agree with hensley, it would be neat to see the logo throughout the map!
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Papa would you be able to make a new thread with your to-do list, kinda like the changelog thread? That way we can see what's already on it and avoid bugging you with the same suggestions or possibly come up with something new that's not on it.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 pm

I'll have to do some research into the billboards. that would be nice. And yes, the rules on the phone are configurable. I didn't even realize it until recently. But I will definitely be putting the rules on there soon.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Would it be possible to add more traders? Maybe put one in the SE and another in the SW?
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:10 pm

Possible? Yes. We will see about that with the new hardware. The trader zones are one the main contributors to framerate drop because they have to be loaded in on the server, and not clients.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:28 pm

I would suggest holding off on adding more traders since it looks like Exile is adding in new traders in the upcoming version. I have no what they'll sell though.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Could you set it to only rain around 3 times a week? It's rather annoying.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2