Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ai feedback

3 posters

Go down

New ai feedback Empty New ai feedback

Post by DoofyDave Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:31 pm

so heres my two sense on the ai, im not a fan of it. the ai seem to randomly spawn way too often and the new stuff lowers fps alot! If we could some how have the old ai with missions like ai taking towns, thatd be awsome!
DoofyDave
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

New ai feedback Empty Re: New ai feedback

Post by ExileGlory Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:10 pm

I haven't been able to thoroughly test the new AI yet. When I tried yesterday it was crashing about every 5 minutes. When I did get a little more extended time with it (and it was just a little) I did one mission, and it was probably the most fun mission I've done so far. I didn't notice a framerate drop, but I wasn't specifically watching my fps either. I'd like to test for a few more days, without crashes, to get a more informed opinion.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:14 pm

The new stuff will not lower fps at all, as it isn't actually running on the server. Another machine is dedicated running the AI. (eventually this is how I plan to use the old server machine.)

I realize that it needs tweaks. Once we get the crashes sorted out, THEN we will worry about tweaking it to our liking. All of it is configurable.

And no, there isn't a way to have the old AI do town takeovers. It might be possible, but at that point I might as well code my own AI spawning/mission system. And that would take waaaay too much time.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DoofyDave Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

i feel that it does affect fps papa, i was doing 45-55fps with old missions and ai, and today (both my buddy and i) were playing and as soon as the new missions and ai started loading in we both dropped fps badly like as in 19-12fps bad.
DoofyDave
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down