Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server content discussion..

4 posters

Go down

Server content discussion.. Empty Server content discussion..

Post by FooodComa Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:18 pm

F coup, f marrow, f dmech, f huntsman,

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Server content discussion.. Empty Re: Server content discussion..

Post by Coupester Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:01 pm

Why you say that

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 pm

I love you

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Mas weapons: not all guns/ accessories are available to buy/sell.
Tryks: not all the gear is avail belle to buy/sell
Vehicles Car list: lot of blank spots 3000cost but not available.
No ai patrol at pyrgos/ tellos so far
No ai vehicles on roads or armed patrols in vehicles
Not many spawned random cars
Saw 1 ai Blackhawk patrol flying around
No town invasions
No kalithia spawn

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Towing

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:43 pm

No launchers
No tanks

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:40 am

Roaming ai spawn increase

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:41 am

I know it was mentioned about but there are blanks spots at the vehicle trader with most items at 3k.

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:10 pm

Can't load creates Sad
Ai at salt flats toned down a little..
Prices adjusted up for weapons/ vehicles.
Option to buy base building stuff at airfield trader.
Remove cans toilet paper empty bottles at military zone..
Spawn in with at least a pistol and 2 mags.
View distance be able to change it in the xm8
Higher count of random spawn vehicle maybe one or 2 random hunters spawns aw well.

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:38 am

Missions rewards need to be upped on the other missions besides the Salt Flats and Slums.

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:19 pm

My base on the islands off pyrgos has been erased, flag all base pieces, safes.. Everything. Now next day the car with all the building stuff is gone.

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Adjustments to ai kills 300 tabs and 150 respect

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Server content discussion.. Empty Love you too, Food

Post by Marrow375 Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:08 am

Suggestions:

1) Missions: Addition of town invasion missions.  Increase crate rewards at other missions besides Salt Flats and Slums.  Doing a red mission and getting a couple of TRG's and some food isn't really worth it.  In fact, all of the rewards seem about the same except for Slums and Salt Flats, regardless of difficulty.

2) AI:  Need to add walking patrol AI at main military areas like Pyrgos/ Telos, a previous server we played on had it set for approx. 10min respawn after last AI died and about 8-10 would spawn near the main military bases and patrol in.  Speaking of roaming AI, it seems 90% of the roaming AI we see are in vehicles or choppers.  Not seeing many in towns/military zones on foot.   Also, periodically WAY outside the safezone some of the AI are god-mode.  Can't destroy their vehicle and can't kill them.  I've seen this bug closer to the terminal on other servers, but we are talking way down past the slums base. Also, it seems like almost every mission if you kill all but the last AI, he hides and doesn't path around anymore... making it very difficult to finish missions in wooded areas.  Amount of respect you earn for killing an AI should be 150 instead of 5.....  how would you ever be able to upgrade your base?  It would take 2000 AI kills for your first upgrade...

3) Loot: Need WAY MORE guns/ammo/attachments to spawn in main military areas.  Less cans/empty bottles/flares/etc. Love to see SPMG/Navid  added to LMG options.  Lot's of blank spaces in Vehicle/Aircraft traders.  No axe available to purchase from hardware trader.  Still need 1/2 walls, window walls, port floor, stairs added to base building supplies to purchase.  

4) Economy: Part of the fun of playing ARMA Exile is building up your fortune in poptabs so you can reinforce your base walls or buy that expensive HMG Strider you have been eyeballing.  Currently, the server makes it nearly impossible for that to happen.  Adjusting the vehicle spawns to spawn better vehicles, as well as setting the default prices up for the vehicles should help.   Also raising the prices on the guns to make it worth selling them would be nice.  If I ambush and kill 6 AI riding around in a Hemmitt, I should be able to sell that Hemmitt for 25k like on every other server.  They sell for 1,500.00 on this one.  

5) xm8 Apps: Adding the View Distance, Spawn ATV/Bike, ebuild apps on the xm8 would be really cool if it doesn't cost too much FPS for the server.   Wasn't sure where to add this, but on some servers we play on, when someone is killed it shows who killed them, what weapon was used and the distance on the top left of the screen.  Really cool too see what's going on around the server if we could get that added.

6) Towing/Sling Loading/loading crates: Currently you can't sling load the MAS vehicles you find out in the random spawns with a Taru Transport.  If you buy them, you can sling load them, but not if they are found.   Should be able to sling load all but Hemmitts/Zamac with Taru.   You can't load crates into any of the vehicles, which makes it a real pain in the ass to loot missions.  Need to be able to pick up the crates and put them in vehicle storage or use the one that allows you to back the vehicle up to the crate and gives you a scroll option to load in vehicle.  Either one works, but we need one of them.   Towing.... really need it.   Sucks to find a vehicle while your driving around and you can't take it w/o leaving your bought vehicle sitting there.  

OVERALL I'm very happy with the FPS and the difficulty of the AI (as long as they aren't God-Mode) and I know we are all glad to have a place to call home. I think if we adjust the economy so that people can actually make money, increase the respect earned by killing AI/completing missions, add town invasions and more foot patrol AI in military zones it will be great and people will stick around.  Might want to add ROAMING AI to the server description because I know a lot of people filter servers for that to try them out.  That's all I can think of for now.

Marrow375
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks for your feedback everyone! A few notes, especially on Marrow's post:

Town invasion missions: The missions that you see on the server today are the default missions. If you have been on a server with any other missions, it was either A) a different mission system, or B) custom scripted missions. I can script custom missions, but it's going to take awhile. As an alternative, I am looking at moving back to FuMS mission system, but that will require me to rebuild my headless client machine. It's broken at the moment, so stand by on that one.

AI Bug: Could you possibly post the bug in the issues section? It helps me keep track of bugs. Bugs and feature requests need to be kept separate. It keeps me sane, lol.

Sling loading crates: You can currently sling load the mission crates. You cannot load them into a truck. I'm not sure of any mission system that allows this, but if you know of a server that does, let me know and I'll try to research what mod they are running. The AIR DROP crates, you can load into a truck, just not the mission ones.

So if you know of mods/ solutions to any of this, let me know.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:39 am

I have tried to load the create for air drops into truck and it is not working says "this item doesn't belong to you". The danger zone(name of the server) has the ability to load mission creates into vehicles..a well as the air drop create. I'm pretty sure they are running town ai missions aswell.

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrow375 Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:01 pm

There are several servers that allow you to load mission crates into vehicles, as Coupster said The Danger Zone is a good example. There are two different types of crate load that I have seen. One allows you to pick up the crate and each vehicle has a seperate "inventory" for holding crates. You scroll wheel for the option to load into vehicle. These types of load systems also allow you to load an ATV into a moving van for example. The other type allows you to back up to the crate in a truck or larger vehicle and scroll wheel while you are in the drivers seat to load. This type is more common and I've seen it on several servers. It could be part of the towing package they use, as it works similarly with the scroll wheel option.

The town invasions are probably a seperate mission system, but we've played on several servers that run the base missions you have now in addition to the town invasions. In fact, I believe the roaming AI will actually fight with the town invasion AI. It's pretty neat and would be a cool feature.

As far as the military base AI, I've never played on an Exile server where roaming AI didn't attack you within 10min of looting Pyrgos or Telos military, so I'm not sure why we don't get them on here. The Danger Zone has these type of AI as well, and I don't think they are custom built but I'm not sure.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Marrow

Marrow375
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:41 pm

I'll look into what mods that server is running, and see if I can replicate the functionality. I have a feeling it's a part of the towing script, as you suggested. So we will see about which towing script to use.

If the air drop crates are not allowing you to load them, then there's an exile bug going on. I haven't edited that in the slightest. I'll try to figure out what's up with it.

As for military base AI, they are probably using custom scripted static spawns (or perhaps ones they found online to plug into whatever system they are using.) This is totally possible, I just haven't gotten a chance to do it yet. It will be done, I promise. It just might take awhile if I don't find a suitable pre-built script for it. The AI that are currently in-game have only two static spawns (one being the salt flats, and there's one other... can't think of it off-hand.) All other missions are randomly placed. As for the roaming AI, they are 100% random. So if you're not being attacked in Pyrgos or Telos, then you just don't happen to be there when a patrol rolls up. There's no way for the roaming AI to know you're there, they just run around until they find a target. A static mission can be placed there, like I said, so I'll do my best to get that in.

As for running another AI system, we already have two in place. They were picked because they're the best for FPS, and for customization. Adding another system will likely bring the FPS down to abysmal levels. Now, FuMS runs on a headless client (basically a helper server) and I plan to put that in as soon as I get the machine working again. The graphics slot on the motherboard burnt out, so I have to replace it. I was using my media server as a headless client for awhile, but it simply isn't powerful enough to process AI when there is more than a couple of players on. So once I get that set back up, there will for sure be town missions and many many more missions. FuMS is the best mission system, it just requires a headless client. The current mission system is temporary. The roaming AI however, will stay the same.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coupester Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:44 pm

this 7.62 silencer fitting on M107's and Lapua's has to change at some point.
We need the MAS attachments. You can buy the gun at the trader but it won't have ammo ect. But the ammo spawns at the military. So I guess it just needs to be added to the traders..

Coupester
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Which guns don't have ammo?

I will get the attachments in as soon as I can. Have to have the class names first, which don't seem to be available in the mod documentation.

As for the 7.62 silencer fitting on m107's and Lapuas, the code that determines what attachments fit on what weapon is part of the MAS mod. If I edit that, then each and every player would have to download a custom version of the mod. And that would mean new players would never be able to use the MAS weapons until they downloaded my custom version. Not a good idea.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down