Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Performance server executables

Go down

Performance server executables Empty Performance server executables

Post by Papahyooie Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Nerd stuff alert!

Today, I switched the server to a new "performance" branch for the server executable. This is supposed to be less resource intensive for the machine, as well as increase server performance across the board. This does not require any change to clients (players) as the executables are version compatible. So far, this has decreased server processor usage by about 10 percent, and RAM usage by nearly a gigabyte! This should translate to better client framerates across the board. So the reason I'm putting this in the feedback section, is I want to get feedback on if your framerates seem to better. Let me know how it has affected your performance.

Also, there is actually a client executable that can be downloaded and installed into your own system that is supposed to increase client performance. It can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All you have to do is download that file, rename it to arma3.exe, and replace arma3.exe in your game folder. This is usually located at:

C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma3

Be sure to back up the arma3.exe file just in case. This can be done simply by renaming it to arma3backup.exe. If something doesn't work right, you can simply delete the new file, rename the backup to arma3.exe, and all will be fine.

I will say again, you do NOT have to install anything on your side if you don't want to. It's simply for extra performance. The stock executables are compatible.

If you're so inclined to do so, this is supposed to provide a huge performance boost. Let me know how it works out. If you do provide feedback, be sure to let me know how much your performance increased/decreased, and whether or not you installed the client side exe.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down