Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move to Arma 3

3 posters

Go down

Move to Arma 3 Empty Move to Arma 3

Post by Papahyooie Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Is anyone there...? Am I all alone out here?

Battleborne hasn't seen any traffic in a couple of months now. I know it's a combination of everyone being bored with Dayz and me not having time to maintain the server. If anyone is out there still checking in, I'm going to be setting up an Arma 3 Exile mod server, set up with some AI and maybe zombies if I can get it to work.

If anyone has Arma 3 and wants to come join me, you are welcome to come on and have some fun!

As of now, I am shutting down the Arma 2 servers. If anybody messages me here or on steam and asks to put them back up, I'll be happy to do so. Just let me know. If nobody speaks up, I guess this is the end of BattleBorne Dayz.

I am keeping close eye on a new mod for Arma 3 that should surpass Dayz and even epoch. If you haven't seen it, take a look!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully, Battleborne will be reborne when this new mod hits the wild.

Until then, I hope I see you all around!
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Move to Arma 3 Empty Re: Move to Arma 3

Post by Troy Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:04 pm

I'll pick up Arma 3 when it goes on sale next. According to the members tab I'm the only one that still checks in on this site, so contacting people via Steam might be better.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Sounds great, I'm in!!
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Awesome! Unfortunately you two are the only two people I have added on steam, so I can't get hold of the others lol.

Well, over lunch today I finally successfully logged in to the Exile server! Had troubles every day working on it since the day I posted this, and it all turned out to be a version mismatch with my SQL server, since I was trying to reuse the old one. The code for exile has some awesome niceties for administration, it auto cleans garbage, auto restarts, etc so it should require much less upkeep, which means more playing and less begging the server to play nice haha.

Anyway, hopefully when I get home from work tonight I will get the firewall and domain set up and you guys can connect whenever you're ready. There are no zombies YET so it may be a bit boring. Exile was designed as a purely pvp mod, so with only three people max online, about all you can do is start gathering money and vehicles and building your base.

Soon though... The zombies will be there and dear god... I got to play on a server with the zombie mod the other night... It was insane. Best zombie experience to date.

It's gonna be fun.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

sick man let me know when its ready & ill give it a try... Watched a few youtube vids on the mod & people seemed to be hyped!
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:53 pm

What MAP are you using for Exile? I've seen it both on Chernarus & Atlis?

Chernarus looks amazing!!!

This one shows Exile - Atlis. It's very long so didn't watch all of it but did skip around & see some cool looking features!

hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:25 pm

At the moment, using Altis. Figured something different from cherno would be nice. Then again, revisiting our beloved kingdom could also have its merits. We will see. As of now, it's altis.

The server is up. The zombies are in. I do not have automatic restarts set up yet, and performance tuning has not been done at all, so fps could be good, could be bad. Right now it's set to 10 players max, so it should be alright. Also, it is set up to auto restart if it crashes, so let me know of any crashes you come up on. There are some glitches, such as weird sound, but nothing game breaking. Hopefully the mod devs will clean it up soon.

I will write a full instructional on how to connect tomorrow. I've been at drill all weekend and am totally beat. If you want to try to figure it out, I will say that A3L (arma3 launcher) will not work as of yet, because A3L has not added the zombie mod to their repository. If you want to attempt to install and connect yourself, you will need both Exile mod and "Ryan's zombies and demons" mod. Launch with both of those mods enabled with the stock launcher (not A3L) and remote into

IP: battleborne.no-ip.org
Port: 2322

Like I said, tomorrow I will write up a full how-to.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 pm

How-To is posted in the server news section.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Good news, I'll give it a shot
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Troy, I'll post it here too to make sure you see it. Anyone else who needs Arma 3, now is the time to get it!

Troy, good news, Arma 3 extended edition is 50% off on bohemia's website. It contains all the expansions for less than the base game.

Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Servers down. Loot stopped spawning for a bit and then everything went down. Zombies were working up until the crash.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Try it again. Had an internet outage. Unfortunate side-effect of using a residential connection.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down