Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BattleBorne Is Back Baby!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BattleBorne Is Back Baby!  Empty BattleBorne Is Back Baby!

Post by Papahyooie Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm

So I was talking to Troy and Hensley yesterday (who are probably the only ones left checking this site lol...) and they inspired me to get back to work on BattleBorne.

SO... I give you the return of Battleborne!

I was able to salvage the files and database for the PVP server on Utes, and it is up and running as we speak. I also put back up the Epoch Taviana server that I had been working on when it all went downhill. It is up and running! You can log into both of these. Taviana is pretty well stock Epoch and doesn't have any amenities such as self-blood bag at this time, so be careful.

The bad news is, the chernarus server is completely borked. I *may* be able to salvage the database from backups, but the backup of the server files was corrupted somehow as well, so I have to reinstall that from scratch. I've seen a release of a pre-modded server repack on the opendayz forums, so I think I am going to use that to get BB Cherno back up and running quickly. More details on that to come.

If you want to connect to either of the two servers that are running at the moment:

For the PVP server, simply launch Epoch. Do NOT launch Dayz Utes, it will not work. Just regular old epoch, as epoch supports utes out of the box. The address is:
Battleborne.no-ip.biz port 2350
OR if that doesn't work, use 76.125.118.43 port 2350.
That IP address will work for NOW, but I have a dynamic IP address, so it could change at any time. Use the URL if possible.

For the Taviana server, use:
Battleborne.no-ip.biz port 2315
OR if that doesn't work
76.125.118.43 port 2315.

I really hope you guys haven't lost hope, and I hope I get to see you all back online. Keep checking back for the status of cherno.

Thanks everyone!

Update: what seems to work to get you connected:

If you're using DayZ Commander: Connect to a server running Epoch 1.0.5.1. Once you are connected, disconnect (but don't exit Arma 2) and go back to the multiplayer server screen. From there, hit "remote" and enter in the server details.

If you're using DayZ Launcher: Go to the "launch" tab and launch DayZ Epoch. Plain old epoch. This will launch the game to the main menu, go to multiplayer, click "remote" and enter in the server details.

Last edited by Papahyooie on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

BattleBorne Is Back Baby!  Empty Re: BattleBorne Is Back Baby!

Post by Annadean Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Welcome back Papa!!!! I've been checking back periodically.
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Great! I was hoping Troy and Hensley weren't the only two checking back lol. It seems everyone is having trouble connecting so far. I'm still working on it. Try it out if you can. If not, we will have to wait until the servers get listed on dayz commander and dayz launcher.

Update as well, scratch using 2315, I'm putting that one on the back burner until cherno is up. So use port 2312 to try to connect to cherno. Tavi is down until I get performance issues ironed out.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Update: what seems to work to get you connected:

If you're using DayZ Commander: Connect to a server running Epoch 1.0.5.1. Once you are connected, disconnect (but don't exit Arma 2) and go back to the multiplayer server screen. From there, hit "remote" and enter in the server details.

If you're using DayZ Launcher: Go to the "launch" tab and launch DayZ Epoch. Plain old epoch. This will launch the game to the main menu, go to multiplayer, click "remote" and enter in the server details.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:08 pm

I was able to find BB on the ARMA 2 OA multiplayer list.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:04 pm

Update: Servers are showing up on Dayz Launcher. No sign of them on commander yet. Probably will be listed tomorrow.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:00 am

Great to hear BB is making a comeback!! I was able to get on Chernarus server last night following Papa's updated instructions above. Couldn't believe when I logged on I was in my old base with all my gear, vehicles, safes, etc.!!
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 am

Somebody nicked my tires.......

Does anyone else think that there's too many buildings now? Having a beached aircraft carrier is cool, but it doesn't really do anything and I would like to reach 20 FPS sometime.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Are you having bad performance? I figured some would. It is probably due to the custom wind and weather effects, especially the volumetric fog at night. I was considering disabling those anyway because I know they will hit fps hard. I've always strived for performance to be a hallmark of BB. I hate laggy servers, so I'll probably disable those.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Jeez there are a ton of new buildings! I flew the coast earlier & thought it looked sweet with all the new stuff. Of course if it kills performance it's not worth it. FPS was fine while flying but that may not be the case when driving. I'll check that out when I have time. Waves when close to shore sounded pretty sweet! But not cool enough if it's killing people's FPS.
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:13 pm

The buildings shouldn't do much to fps. Its the wind effects and fog.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:34 pm

It's reeeaallly dark. Even with the gamma and brightness turned up all the way NV is required if you want to play at night. And do you want to have that many buildings around? Even if it's not effecting performance, they never seem to end.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:35 pm

We will try to find a good balance between performance and features. As for the nights, they won't always be dark. Some will be full moon, some no moon at all with no chance to see ANYTHING without a flashlight. It's pretty scary lol.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Spent a few hours on server today, much of it with Anna. Few thoughts & questions below. If you want this sort of thing in another forum feel free to move it..

What time zone is server currently on? Was on just a few minutes ago & it was night time on the server. I don't mind some of the super dark nights Troy mentioned from time to time but if that's the case might we move time zone to PST or even farther west so it's not dark so early in the evening (real world).

You were not joking about the roaming AI. Me & Anna were in & around Cherno & there were a ton of AI!! Was kind of fun for something different but having them roaming all the time might be more an annoyance than anything. They even snuck up on Anna & shot her when she was in her base looking in safe which is way out of the way in the woods. Not sure the long term plans on those guys. Side note, I was forced to shoot a priest with a gun. Forgive me Lord.

Zeds seem to spawn in forest now & some (in business suits) can seemingly see you from forever away & sprint straight at you. Not saying this is bad just an FYI.

We went through what I believe was one of those electrical storms that knocks you out & makes vision all blurry. Was kind of fun for the 'wtf' is happening factor but again long term not so sure.

Blood bagging does not re-fill entire blood. Didn't pay close attention but I'd guess each one adds about 6,00 blood. Again not a bad thing just FYI.

Overall server ran great. Few dips in FPS when around Cherno with AI & zeds all around (plus weather effects, etc.).
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Annadean Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:36 pm

I agree with Hensley's post, and blood bagging does only add 6,000 in blood, then you can't bag again for another 210 seconds. Also, can a building mod be added also, as in snap building? I've told Denverdano and Cal about the new features in the server, so they should be checking things out this coming weekend, if not sooner. Hopefully then we can put up a new structure, so that AI don't sneak up on me again lol.

Thanks again Hensley for coming to save me! Smile
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:14 pm

Hensley if you'd like, you can make a dedicated thread in the feedback section just for things like this!

For now:

The server is on GMT -7 time zone... I think this should be about right with what we had before. The problem is, there is some sort of script that I haven't identified yet that is making it switch back and forth between night time and day time every time someone logs in. This seems to result in it being night time for some players, and daytime for others. This is obviously unacceptable and will be remedied as soon as I figure out what is causing it.

The AI have been seriously nerfed. I agree, there were way too many. If everything works as I had planned, you may encounter one or two roving bands in a few hours.

Zeds are spawning in forests... and you may even come across a roving horde of zombies... be careful... Wink

The EVR blowout has been nerfed a bit, but will stay until we decide if we like it or not lol.

Blood bagging has been buffed a bit. Now 9000 blood will be given on a self bloodbag. Full blood on another player bagging you.

Also got rid of the wind and fog effects as they were simply dragging the server down too much.

Anna, snap building should already be there!

Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annadean Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks for responding Papa. Denverdano mentioned a mod also that he thinks is called Pro Build, that makes building faster and easier, but we will check out the building situation this weekend. And yay about the blood bagging! Smile
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks for the reply Papa, I'll start another thread in feedback section for this type of thing.

I was on for a few more minutes last night & just like Anna... Was in base looking through open safe & out of no where got one shotted from behind by a rouge AI Smile
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Are they shooting/ walking through walls? Or just sneaking up on you?
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Also, for performance, I will be moving a lot of the scripts server side. This repack I used has a lot of the scripts running client side, which is generally no bueno for performance. That will take some time, but that's the plan.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Annadean Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:36 pm

For me, the 2 AI's spawned right near me. My base is out in the woods, but the actual structure is gone, so there were no walls. So, they basically snuck up on me.
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm

The actual structure is gone? Is it one I built for you?
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Pretty sure this one just snuck on me although I can't be sure since I never saw or heard him at all until I was dead. The pre-fab part of base is still there but what I built (gate, garage door, etc.) is gone so he wouldn't have had to walk through walls to get to me.

I'll upload picture in gallery right now lest anyone think I'm full of it Smile Which brings up a good point. Don't forget to take screenshots while in game & post them in gallery everyone!
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:52 am

Started a thread in Feedback section: EPOCH Chernarus 'Re-Pack' Feedback

There are quite a few differences when comparing the re-pack to the server of old. Feel free to go there to post feedback (positive or negative), ask questions, give ideas for improvement, etc. about the server.
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Annadean Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Papahyooie wrote:The actual structure is gone? Is it one I built for you?

The structure was one that Denverdano built, so the player-made buildings are gone.
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next