Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FuMS or VEMF?

4 posters

Go down

FuMS or VEMF? Empty FuMS or VEMF?

Post by ExileGlory Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 am

It appears that the crashing happens when FuMS is active, despite it being separate from the rest of the stuff. Whether it's the cause or not, something is inconsistently causing it to crash while it's active.

I'm not sure how A3XAI works, but is it possible just to increase the amount of AI and lower their respawn times? If possible, we could just couple A3XAI with the VEMF missions plugin, yeah? This would give us clear the town missions and helicopter crash missions, while still keeping our old AI and missions.

We would need to increase the amount of roaming AI foot troops and AI vehicle patrols, and lower both of their respawn times. This gets us more AI and more missions!

Let me know what you think.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

FuMS or VEMF? Empty Re: FuMS or VEMF?

Post by DoofyDave Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:56 am

i like the sound of it, IF it can be done.
DoofyDave
DoofyDave
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Yeah it all hinges on being able to add more AI/lower the AI respawn times.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Haha... Just a couple of weeks ago, everyone was complaining about too many AI. Now you want more?

Vemf maybe a good alternative for now. I'll look into it.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm

I've always wanted more AI, just not AI that domes you across the map Smile
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:26 pm

I've put FuMS on a test server, with some tweaks that will hopefully work it out. You guys are welcome to connect to it if you wish. You'll have to use the ingame server browser and use the "remote" option.

Put battleborne.no-ip.org in the address line,
and 2344 as the port.

That should get you in if you want to play around on it. This server will not affect your current character on the main server. You may spawn in with an "old" character though, because i migrated the data into this database a few weeks ago. Once again, it will NOT affect your character on the main server. The databases are separate.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Ok, did a Free Gas mission and hilarity ensued.  Managed to clear out most of the AI with no problems, then a heli started circling me and then flew off.  Ran up to the mission, cleared out most of the remaining AI and found out that I couldn't complete the mission because one them had spawned inside a container and was stuck.  I could see his gun clipping through it but I couldn't harm him, even with grenades.  While looking for this guy I also: 1) Found a rocket launcher with ammo.  2) Fired it at a AI heli that was hovering above a lake for no reason.  3) Got kicked by battleeye as soon as I did that because I "created a vehicle."  4) Saw 3 different AI vehicles get stuck on the mission barriers.  Only the AI in 1 of those cars got out and tried to kill me, the others I just walked up to and shot.  

Wasn't able to complete the mission , but I was able to get about 11k by selling everything.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Hm... well that sounds like it's working as intended.

This is Arma after all....
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm

The Capture the Town missions seem a bit off. Sometimes there are zombies and AI fighting, sometimes there are only 1 or 2 AI walking around doing nothing.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:40 pm

The AI in vehicles needs some work.  They do not respond to being shot at, by me or by the AI.  I have seen them get stuck on a mission and hit by small arms fire until their car explodes.  They have literally run over my truck and continued driving.  I have rammed them so hard with my truck that it did a flip, killed me, exploded and STILL they did not respond.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I did a Clear the Town of Zombies mission: most of them seemed to be working, although a few were just running back and forth. The Crawlers REALLY wanted to see me though, because as soon as I came within their LoS they JUMPED THIRTY FEET IN THE AIR STRAIGHT AT ME! Then they died of fall damage. Scared the shit out of me.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Ha-ha, I saw that when I tested it out too. I'm not sure why they're dying when they hit the ground.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Well, I doubt they are immune to falling 30 feet. Do you want them to constantly jump at people? That would be horrifying.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 pm

It's actually part of the ryanzombies mod. It's just that our old spawn script didn't take advantage of the feature.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Killing missions zombies gives me a Enemy killed notice on the global chat. Not a huge deal but it is kind of annoying.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down