Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building The Community

4 posters

Go down

Building The Community Empty Building The Community

Post by SIG Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:10 am

We all know that papa, the admin of the dayz server is constantly working on improving and building this server with mods, he has been on the case for a long while. Now he has hardly asked for any repayment but for a few things, such as to register here and to build A COMMUNITY. now the server isnt very active, it being very new and unproved as a decent server (but it is) Now, what do you guys think we could do to build this community, and prove its worth. Ive brought a few of my friends here, but this needs more. If you connect to a different server, or if you are trying to find a server with a friend(s), sugguest this server! it could help show people this lovely place (minus those asshat bandits :T)

SIG
Regular

Back to top Go down

Building The Community Empty Re: Building The Community

Post by Papahyooie Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks SIG. I appreciate it.  Very Happy 
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Any way that you can make the AI mission at Ballota happen more often? I got a group of guys together and I need something to keep everyone from killing each other.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Something to keep everyone from killing each other? I don't get it.

The missions are on a rotation that is designed to keep it mostly up north to keep the missions away from new spawns. First of all this prevents new spawns from getting boat loads of loot right off the bat, keeping the difficulty curve halfway decent, plus the AI's would destroy anyone around who didn't have a weapon, which wouldn't be fair.

I'm open to doing whatever, but I need to know more about why.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah I see your point. I would just like to get a relatively new group together and still be able at least try a mission.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:48 pm

They really aren't that hard to get to. With the loot dropping as often as it does on this server, if you look in the right spots you should be fully geared within an hour. The only thing that takes awhile is building vehicles.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xxx601son Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Ok I have been server jumping for close to a month now and I really like this server. I have been on it for two or three dayz now I like the people on the server, although today I tried a mission and got my teammate and I killed in the process I dont think he is too happy about that lol but the only problem is i cant seem to find a car. But I would like to build me a small base, tents and so fourth and make this server my new main server.

xxx601son
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Wed May 14, 2014 9:39 am

Yeah, hording could (is?) become a problem. If the regulars take all the cars and put them in their bases, then there won't be anything left for new players.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 am

Yes hoarding is becoming a problem. I'll address that soon.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 am

Is it possible to tie certain cars to player's bases, like mission cars?  That way players would always have access to some of their favorite transportation, and they wouldn't have to fear it being stolen because it would always spawn back at their base when the server reset.  If you did that, then I would blow up all my cars and helo.  Granted this has a few problems of it's own: 1) doing so would make players either stay close to their base or commit to a long play session. 2) Dying and having to get back to your base would be a massive pain. 3) It would contribute to the "now what" problem some of the players are having.  We have a base chock full of all the top end gear, so an ever expanding fleet of vehicles is the only thing we have left to look for.  Missions are always fun and tense, but I can only do them for so long before I want something new.

If we did that method, players could always earn more vehicles by winning weekend events or by some other means that you come up with.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's everyone.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down