Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super downtime.

4 posters

Go down

Super downtime.  Empty Super downtime.

Post by Papahyooie Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Hey guys, I know you all have probably been wondering what happened to the server. Or perhaps nobody is even visiting here after nearly three weeks of downtime. But if anybody is still hanging around, this is for ye faithful.

After having the problems with the server machine's hard drives, I spent several days trying to get it back running. Was having all sorts of problems, and they still aren't resolved.
Also, about that same time I got a huge job offer at a software and billing company. I've spent the last two weeks in the most rigorous and stressful training program I've ever been through (well... civilian training anyway Razz ) . As in, if I didn't score higher than 80% on their tests, I would have been fired. Seeing as how I had to quit my other job to even start training, that wasn't an option... It happened to several people, but I worked my ass off and didn't allow myself any free time, so I passed. So, I've now got an awesome new job. So that's nice.

This sunday I will be leaving on my first business trip. Aren't I corporate as hell? I'll be gone until the 21st, at which time I will probably want to spend a couple of days relaxing after a horribly long and stressful three weeks, followed closely by going to see my folks for the holidays.

Point is, I've got no time right now. I know you guys love battleborne, but there is probably no way I'm going to be able to get it up and running until after the 1st of the year. If I get some downtime, I assure you I'll try, but it's pretty much going to take a full reinstall of the server, followed by restoring of backups for the mission files and databases. So that's hours, if not days of work.

I promise you guys I haven't given up on this, and it WILL be back. It just isn't going to happen quickly. For those of you that are still checking in... Thanks. I appreciate it, and I promise the waiting will pay off.

Hope to see some of you guys still around when I get back. I'll still be checking in here when I get the chance. Later.

Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Super downtime.  Empty Re: Super downtime.

Post by Troy Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 am

Good to hear from you Papa, and congratulations on the new job. Seems like everyone is busy with jobs or school right now, so the server being down hasn't been a huge problem. Do what you need to get done and give us a holler if you need something.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Thanks for the update Papa, and a big congrats on the new job!! It's great to hear the server will be back up at some point. Like Troy said if there's anything we can do to help out with anything let us know.
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Annadean Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Papa, thanks for updating us and big congratulations from Denverdano, Cal and me on your new job. We've been checking back periodically on the server and are looking forwards to it coming back in the near future. Please let us know if we can help with anything. Happy Holidays guys!
Annadean
Annadean
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Itching to have BB back Smile Just letting you know us faithful are still around & hoping to play again soon... Hope Santa came to see everyone this Christmas Smile
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down