Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.

4 posters

Go down

Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.  Empty Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.

Post by Papahyooie Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 pm

I am sure you have all heard rumblings at least of the gamespy shutdown. For those of you who don't know, gamespy was the program that controlled the server listings used by the ingame browser and DayZ commander. The company shut down finally today, and the new beta steam patch is required to continue hosting a server. I am working on updating right now, and you should all update to the latest beta patch via steam. DayZ commander should be updated within a few days, at which time server listing will resume. Until then, once you've updated to the latest patch via steam, you will have to manually enter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into your server browser "remote" tab ingame.

I have heard rumors that the new patch uses steam ID's rather than UID's. ... this is a problem. Bear with me as I find a solution. You may log in and realize that you are a new spawn, and have to start all over. Rest assured that I will replace everything you have lost. Just give me time. Unfortunately this is a problem that I have absolutely no control over. I hope that you will all bear with me, and we will all get past this.

Thanks for playing!
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.  Empty Re: Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.

Post by Troy Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Meh, we can rebuild.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.  Empty Re: Arma II Update and gamespy shutdown.

Post by Papahyooie Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

The map should still be intact. All your buildables and such *should* be there, but you may not own them because the system will see you as a different character. This may be as simple as switching the UID line to your steam ID in the database. It may not be so simple. We shall see.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Okay. If anyone wants to try to connect, have at it. Let's see how this goes.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Man always something it seems lately! In case you're like me & need instructions to everything here is a short video showing you how to update to latest beta version via steam:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then I had to:

set it to 1.62 let it download, then set it back to opt out and let it redownload
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Ok where do I find server Papa? Am I to manually enter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] through Commander or after launching game via Steam?

Although at this point I'm not so sure I could join even if I could find it. I have latest beat patch installed & it shows as 'up to date' on Commander as 125548. But when I try and sign onto an Epoch server with matching Arma versions (125548) & DayZ versions (1.0.5.1) I still get the 'bad version, server rejected connection' message.

hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 am

Good news everyone. Restoring your character is as easy as changing your UID to your steam ID in the database. This will have to be done manually for every player in the database, so here is what I need you to do.

1. Log into the game at least once. You will spawn as a new character. Do not panic.
2. Find your steam ID. Google it.
3. PM me your steam ID.
4 Wait for me to do the transfer.
5. ???
6. Profit.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:53 am

Hensley: launch the game via steam (id recommend adding the -nosplash switch to your command line... those loading screens are annoying as hell...) then hit the "remote" button in the bottom right.

Put battleborne.no-ip.biz in the address bar.
Put 2312 in the port bar.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amlan Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 am

Is it just me, or has anyone else's DayZ commander reverted back to 112555?
Amlan
Amlan

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 am

Not just you Amlan. Commander keeps reverting back to 112555 for me as well. I'm wondering if that is why even when my Commander does show 125548 (right after install) I still get 'bad version' message when trying to get into servers.

Last edited by hensley on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:21 am

I'm following your instructions above to find server Papa but nothing is coming up.

Put battleborne.no-ip.biz in the address bar.
Put 2312 in the port bar.

Only thing I see after doing that in main server selection portion is 'Host new session'. Anyone else find it?
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by hensley Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 am

OK check all that.. Server is back up on Commander. I signed in & it seemed to be working fine. The cinderblock wall & garage door I had built is gone so looks like those things didn't make it. Vehicles I had are right where I left them. Course keys are not on my fresh spawn so can't do anything with them yet Smile
hensley
hensley
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down