Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions

3 posters

Go down

Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions  Empty Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions

Post by Marrow375 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:51 pm

The guys and I were discussing the Missions and we all (haven't talked to Coupster yet) agree we don't really care about AI missions that much and would rather see town invasions and Cap points in the future if that is possible. Perhaps a change in missions would help, but it's stale looking for 6 AI running in a circle in a field protecting a crate. Fly to hilltop 1k away, snipe 6 AI, pick up crate, on to next mission. It's either that or ridiculous hard missions with 20 AI and 3-5 50cals that shoot you from 800meters away as soon as you kill one or peek over a rock. The same missions have been part of Exile for a while and they are boring and stale. Town invasions are much more unpredictable and usually have a nicer reward anyway. If you don't think town invasions would be enough to keep people busy, maybe we could add the cap points I've seen in some other servers. Cap point Alpha/Bravo/Charlie/Delta. You go kill the AI, hold the area for 10min w/o being overrun by respawning AI or other players, and you get a crate drop at the end. It's pretty cool and encourages PVP b/c it announces to the whole server "FoodComa's group is capping CapPoint Delta......you have 10min to stop them!". I thought it was a cool system anyway... Smile

Marrow375
Regular

Back to top Go down

Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions  Empty Re: Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions

Post by Marrow375 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm

My bad, I just re-read through the existing thread and saw that you need new hardware to run town invasions or a different mission system. If you need help with the hardware, let me know. Thanks!

Marrow

Marrow375
Regular

Back to top Go down

Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions  Empty Re: Town Invasions and Cap Points vs Missions

Post by Papahyooie Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:57 am

Yea, Once I get the headless client set back up, I will switch back to FuMS, which will have way more varied AI missions. It also includes the town invasion missions. Unfotunately, like I said in the other thread, it doesn't work at all without the headless client, and my machine is down. I was using the old server, but the graphics card slot seems to have screwed up, and it blue screens alot. Just have to get another one set up.

I like the idea of capture points, but have never had any expereince with it, so I'll look into it.
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FooodComa Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:23 pm

Agree with all this, missions are kinda lame. Increased ai in towns and along major roads etc and town invasions

FooodComa
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down