Battleborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas/Suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Ideas/Suggestions Empty Ideas/Suggestions

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 am

I'll post this here since we're on the subject, but I can also copy into a new post in Feedback.

My first suggestion is for AI. I think papa added it last night, but just to reinforce, I think we need more roaming AI. They keep things interesting. Imo, more AI patrols, in and out of vehicles. Raise the chance of helicopter reinforcement to 50% and the chance to drop paratroopers 100%. Lower the chance for a gunner to 20%. This gives heli's a sense of danger and the 100% paratroopers a chance for extra loot.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Ideas/Suggestions Empty Re: Ideas/Suggestions

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 am

Secondly, I'd like to talk about zombies.

Obviously everyone is in consensus that demons are too OP. I'm not sure how the mod works, but until they get nerfed can you lower the chance for them to spawn? If so, I think cutting their current spawn chance in half would help. I like they sense of danger they add, but if you're solo and in a closed area, you're pretty much dead. As for regular zombies, is it possible to add more to outside of towns? I don't mean just random zombies in a field, but more so around rural areas. Like the road from Pygros to the Terminal for example. It's not a town, but all down that road there are industrial and residential buildings, gas stations, construction sites. I feel like there should be zombies around some of these. Not necessarily a whole horde, but like two or three in a cluster of buildings would be very much realistic. There's just no risk to looting these places. Run in, wait for loot, pick it up, leave. Overall I'd like to see more zombies added, in and out of towns. And if possible, a small incentive to actually kill zombies. Maybe like 1 rep per kill, or care 10 tabs per kill. I like that they drop loot, but the tabs and Rep would be awesome. I think 1 and 10 are small enough amounts that it won't be too overpowering.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:43 am

Thirdly I'd like to talk about missions.

As a whole, the current missions are great. No complaint there. But over the past few days I've been checking out other servers and they have two other features that I really liked and would love to see implemented here. The first one is "clear the town." Im pretty sure it wasn't a separate mod, just script for exile. But what it was is a message would pop up kind of like a mission saying that AI has plundered a certain town. Your goal is to go the town, kill all plundering AI and zombies, and once all the AI are dead, loot crates spawn and the mission is complete. These are incredibly fun missions, especially if you have a group. Lately on our server, Groot and I have just been dumping all our gear, looting whatever we can from a military base, and then going to clear a nearby town. This is the most fun and most intense game play I've ever had on Exile. Pygros was insane. If you could implement the "clear the town" missions, it would give a reason for people to actually go into towns. I highly recommend this mission.

Another mission type I saw is "helicopter crashes." While not as in depth as "clear the town," these missions pop up saying "a prison heli has crashed, go claim the loot for yourself." There are no AI, just loot. It sounds easy but what I liked about this is that it really promotes competitive pvp without being dicks. Get to a heli first? Loot it quick and get out before someone else arrives or hide and wait, lure them in with loot, and take them out. Get there at the same time and have a nice gun fight. This was a lot of fun, as AI gets pretty boring and pvp without the risk of being a dick keeps it fresh.

Also some features of exile that I've seen that I'd like to see implemented is map location, AI radios, and of course the bottom bar (which I think is bugged, yeah?) Map location shows you and your party's location on the map. It's not very Arma-y, but it makes sense if you have a gps. It doesn't take anything from the realism of the game, it was just an incredibly nice feature to have. AI radios are nice as well. What this does is whenever an AI patrol is in your vicinity, a message pops up by the chat box saying that you hear a transmission over your radio, and your radio makes some garbled noises. This was very nice to have with the roaming AI and AI patrols and I'd love to have this again. And of course the bottom info bar and safe zone stuff. I believe papa said it was an easy fix, but I haven't heard anything about it since. If you could look into that again I'd very much appreciate it!

I think that's it! Feedback appreciated guys!
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 am

Also Ive noticed that AI don't attack zombies. Is there a friend/foe setting that could be changed so that they attack them? I've played on servers where AI would go in and wipe a whole town, or get killed by a horde. I think it would add a lot more to the experience if zombies and AI weren't just walking by each other like it's nbd on their way to attack me.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Troy Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:02 am

I like that idea, although that could leave some places relatively safe afterwords.
Troy
Troy
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:34 am

When I played, it seemed like there were only two "clear the town" missions per reset, which really isn't bad considering the high loot, the amount of time it would take, and the risk of AI and other players. I'm not sure about zombie respawn time, that would be something papa would have to answer.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:36 am

Unless you're talking about AI clearing towns. When I saw them do that, it was only smaller towns like Gravia, Lakka, Telos, etc. It's not guaranteed they will succeed either. And again, zombie respawn time would affect this too.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:40 am

And I'd like to add that none of these things are new and/or mods. I played on servers with all these things with no extra mods that we run. It all either settings or code added to the server running exile and zombies mod.
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:12 am

I will be implementing a whole new Ai system once I get the new server hardware in. I'm aware of the AI mod you're referring to, Glory, and unfortunately, the server hardware that is in place at the moment is simply not fast enough. It would cause your framerates to be horrible. I have the new hardware that will easily support it on the way. Should be a week or so until it's set up and running Smile

I do not want to set map positions. It's an unnecessary script, because there are 900 ways to find your own position on the map. As always, if there's enough of an outcry for it, I'll reconsider, but IMO it's just wasted processor power on the server.

As for zombies, as always, I'm working on the demons. I really am. Nothing I have tried has worked. No I cannot make them spawn less, because the options to do so in the code do not seem to work, and the options in the code to set their health and damage don't seem to work either. I'm working on a solution, but it requires me to code my own system so please be patient. As for making more zombie spawn points, yes I will be doing so, but once again, after we get the new hardware in. The current hardware is at its max. We can't add anything more or framerates will start to tank. They are already lower than I'd like.

Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:19 am

Yeah all of this stuff I'm talking about is assuming it'll be on our new server machine. What do you think about the two new mission types, papa?
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Papahyooie Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 am

All of those AI features you were talking about are part of the plugin that I'm planning on adding in once we get the new machine up. You'll get it all eventually Wink
Papahyooie
Papahyooie
Admin

http://battleborne.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ExileGlory Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:35 am

Oh nice, that'll be so sweet. I didn't know those new mission types were part of a single AI plugin. That'll be pretty easy then!
ExileGlory
ExileGlory
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down